We're excited to announce Kontena Lens 1.0 - the ultimate dashboard for Kubernetes - is now generally available. It is the only management system you’ll ever need to take control of your Kubernetes clusters. For a long time, it has been an exclusive feature of Kontena Pharos Kubernetes distribution but as part of this release, we have made it available for all certified Kubernetes distributions as a standalone product.
Introduction to Kontena Lens
Kubernetes has reached the peak of inflated expectations. It's allegedly the next step in the evolution of IT but for most people it's unbelievably hard and causing a lot of headache. Kontena Lens is the management system for Kubernetes that will transform clusters into something that makes sense, is fun to operate and is easy to trust.
Kontena Lens is the management system for Kubernetes that will transform clusters into something that makes sense, is fun to operate and is easy to trust.
Kontena Lens provides all necessary tools and technology to take control of your Kubernetes clusters. Ensure your cluster is properly setup and configured. Enjoy increased visibility and hands-on troubleshooting capabilities. Use built-in user management and integration APIs with support to most standard external authentication systems. Kontena Lens makes the use of Kubernetes 1000x more efficient and radically improves the speed of business.
- Cluster Essentials - Components to ensure cluster is properly setup, configured and ready to run workloads at scale.
- Universal Authentication - Empower developers & DevOps teams by providing direct Kubernetes cluster access with RBAC.
- Ultimate Dashboard - Take control of your cluster with the most beautiful UI for management, operations and troubleshooting.
- Built-In Prometheus; In Context - See all relevant graphs and resource utilization charts integrated as part of the dashboard.
What makes Kontena Lens special?
Many people might compare Kontena Lens to Kubernetes Dashboard open source project since they both deliver UI to Kubernetes. But Kontena Lens is more than just an UI. It's the only management system you’ll ever need to take control of your Kubernetes clusters:
- Amazing usability and end user experience
- Real-time cluster state visualization
- Resource utilization charts and trends with history powered by built-in Prometheus
- Terminal access to nodes and containers
- End user and service token authentication supported
- Fully featured role based access control management
- Dashboard access and functionality limited by RBAC
- In-cluster and external authentication backends supported
- Easy access to Helm charts, releases and repositories
- Professional support available
- And so much more...
How Does It Work?
Lights, Camera, Action! The live demo of Kontena Lens features.
Availability and Pricing
Kontena Lens is available now! It is free of charge during the 14-day evaluation period. The use after evaluation period will require a license subscription. See pricing.
If you are interested, we encourage you to get started and try it out! Warning: it's highly addictive and once you have tried it, it's very hard to stop using it :) Happy hacking!
About Kontena Inc.
Kontena Inc. is specialized in creating the most developer friendly solutions for running containers. Kontena's products are built on open source technology developed and maintained by Kontena. Kontena was founded in 2015 and has offices in Helsinki, Finland and New York, USA. More information: www.kontena.io.